Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Thief in February Aug 16, 2013, 21:47 Flatline

So wait... this is a continuation of the Thief series or a reboot? Some people have said continuation, others a reboot. There's no Hammerites, there's no Trickster minions, and the whole reason why Garrett is a badass thief (the keepers) seems to be missing and you're just... a badass thief.

That being said, I actually really like the art direction of city in the new cinematic. It looks like a city I'd like to run amok in. On the flip side, the guards look... anachronistic. They're like early 1600's and everyone else is like 1870. I'd have spent more time making them look a little more in-fashion or a little more ceremonial like the Swiss Guard if they were going to be anachronisms.

Garrett however looks like a fucking anime ninja now and I'm totally uninterested in him as a protagonist.

The story however sounds like shit. It actually sounds like a direct ripoff of the themes in Bioshock Infinite. Industrialist/rich fuck on one hand, "man of the people" on the other, and big twist I'm sure the "man of the people" is going to turn out to be a fuckhead.

And since they're pitching Garrett as "robin hood" now, he's going to develop a conscience and become a hero of the people by opposing both sides and forging his own solution. And then at the end of the game he'll toss that all aside to go back to robbing rich fucks and keeping the profits.

If it turns out like that I'm going to vomit through my eyes, but that's what it's looking like.

Edit: Admin added spoiler tags.

This comment was edited on Aug 17, 2013, 09:15.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo