Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2013, 22:39 Shineyguy

Blue wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 09:47:
Shineyguy wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 09:28:
nin wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 09:27:
my decrepit Corvette

Whoa whoa whoa, when did this happen?!?!

Yeah, I never knew you had a 'Vette Blue!

Sounds like it's a C4 'Vette. Blue I would have just gotten an aftermarket exhaust for the car anyway.

I got it a while back. I definitely mentioned it at least once here, but I'm a little sheepish about it because it may give the impression I'm living high on the hog in a way that would be *completely* inaccurate. I got the car as a bargain because it had almost 90K hard miles on it, and needed lots of help, all of which I've tried to do on the cheap. This included some junk yard parts and gluing the rear window back in (it's actually a C5 convertible). The rear window is loose again (it needs a whole new roof), the rack-and-pinion leaks, the engine has a wrist-pin knock, one of the pulleys is out of line, the driver's seat doesn't adjust properly, and more. But the car still loves to drive and I love to drive it, so here's hoping I can keep her going for another 113K miles.

Nonsense, 'Vettes are cheap. I've been looking at 'Vette 'verts as well because I think it'd be fun to have as a second vehicle.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo