Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: NVIDIA Unleaks GTA5 PC Comment - New Trailers Released Aug 14, 2013, 17:44 Aero

I'll ask you what I asked Riggs, what's your theory behind why they want "everyone to buy it on the console, first?"

I'm guessing it's got nothing to do with Rockstar and everything to do with MS/Sony. I definitely do wonder, though, why they didn't wait a few months and make it a Xbone or PS4 exclusive. You figure either Sony or MS would be willing to dump a TON of money on them to make that happen. GTA5 would sell consoles without a doubt. I don't really see any other initial titles that would even remotely tempt me to buy a new console. GTA5 might (though I wouldn't in the end).

As for PC vs the consoles though, that's hard. No royalties for the PC release, but also of course, a lot fewer sales.

Also, if somehow both MS and Sony were pushing for a no PC release, I'd guess that would end up on legal thin ice. Paying for an exclusive is one thing, but two companies paying to exclude a third is something else entirely.

Meh, I'm sure their lawyers got it all sorted out. Maybe Rockstar just doesn't want to bother with the PC yet. Maybe that's their excuse, anyways.

edit: Ah... of course, what I didn't think of was the 360/PS3 release, and then six months later an "enhanced" Xbone/PS4 release. Double dip. That's where the cash is at. Maybe that's when a PC version will come out as well, since they'll probably be about on par capability wise at that point.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo