Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 07:07 Redmask

Beamer wrote on Aug 13, 2013, 01:34:
Not sure how involved making the drivers would be, but the E3 argument is ludicrous. E3 demos are held together with duct tape and wires. Some hardware working in that one, tightly controlled environment is in no way indicative of that hardware functioning out in the wild.

Input drivers are not some magical kingdom that were put together solely for E3, they might need QA work for official installation but to launch in 2014 when they're already working on dev kits now is showing us where their priorities are. Backwards compatibility is a good excuse but XInput is a known quantity and this shouldn't be difficult or time consuming. I guess we shouldn't be surprised though, this is a company that somehow ignored a billion dollar digital distribution market growing in their own backyard.

And why exactly would I want one? Ive got a Logitech Dualshock controller that Ive bough a few years ago, used it a couple of times with some racing simulations and fighting games and thats about it. Its gathering dust somewhere.

I'm more interested in using a PS4 controller myself.

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2013, 07:41.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo