Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 2, 2013, 00:34 HorrorScope

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 13:59:
HorrorScope wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 10:22:
Ok.... let me bring in Matlock logic.

1. So you say the AI is based off gathering data from other drivers on the net.
2. What if those drivers are worse than the AI you could program or under your standards? Could it be possible then that the AI is 600% more stupid?
3. Can you not just take drivers from your office and have them race and capture their capabilities and put them into Forza as your AI, that way you won't have to program the complex routines to capturing others on the net and bringing them into game? And random issues with just taking random anonymous net drivers? Doesn't this have the chance of going terribly wrong?
4. Couldn't you hire professional drivers to ensure better AI then random internet drivers on the net or in your office?

I'll just have to see this one to believe it. Like the Milo Mega Scanner... just swipe a paper in front of kinect... the Xbox will bring it in instantly and Milo can read anything from it. Amazing!

I mean if a 360 has the processing power to do that the One has to be able to handle racing AI.

I'm also not convinced that local HW isn't more capable of better AI. It's the humans that need to program that in, which they tell me simply is very difficult to do and I think ROI is the issue not power. So just having more processing power doesn't make programming said AI easier.

"Better AI" doesn't just mean BETTER drivers that are more challenging, it means more realistic drivers that have dynamic strategies and actually make mistakes sometimes, too. So you have a huge pool of crappy players, great players, and many more in between. You need data from all of them to create a more realistic pool of AI drivers for your game in this way. There are difficulty settings, campaign difficulty progression, drivers that always end up last no matter what because their daddy bought them into the league, etc...

I get that... all theory imo. So if you suck do you get a slower driver or one that crashes more? If it is either you don't really need to know how others do it, you slow cars down or you make them looser etc. I get your point, but it still takes real programming and a lot of trial to make this really work in the end. Show me, show me, show me.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo