Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 1, 2013, 21:43 killer_roach

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2013, 14:38:
This is PR - pushed by MS obviously - to try and get people to see the "benefits" of being always online. And it's a load of horseshit. Even on DSL whenever I connected to anything online for MS' network my ping as always 150-250ms. So how the fuck is their cloud going to help my game with that sort of latency? Those cockbags may not be lying outright but they're certainly being disingenuous by not telling the whole truth.

Yeah, exactly. It's not that it's doing that much more for AI calculations, it's just that it gives the game that many more data points from which the AI can process from. It does improve the system, sure, but how they word it makes it sound like it's providing some sort of performance boost, which it isn't. In fact, depending on how it's coded, it could likely make the whole thing slower.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo