Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: BioShock Infinite DLC Today & Rapture DLC Planned Aug 1, 2013, 18:58 Flatline

Wesp5 wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 09:46:
So just reading all the explanations here again convinces me that the ending is stupid and illogical and tacked on :). Just watch yourself trying to explain it away using reasons like: "So years go by and you carve Anna's name onto your hand as a reminder, then promptly forget. Robert Lutece has second thoughts about all this multiverse shit, and makes his sister do something about it." Oh, and what about all these towers and all the other pairs visible watching out of them? From that moment on the mechanics of the world change which is why I feel it is tacked on!

Thanks for using fucking spoilers asshat.

Also, I was wrong.

Booker is pulled from his universe into the one where Comstock takes Anna, and as we see when you move through tears, your nose bleeds and your memories change. So when Booker is taken to the lighthouse in the beginning, his nose bleeds and his memory changes, and in that change he more or less forgets about his daughter, because in this universe he never had one.

Also, Robert Lutece and his sister are "killed" by Comstock, but actually put into... well... a netherworld. And he resents it.

As for the towers, you really don't get it. The idea of parallel universes is that each time you have a decision to make, in some universe, the other option is taken. So it looks like a massive branching tree if you were to map it out. The other towers and other pairs of Booker & Elizabeth are all the other decisions you *could* have made but didn't. Note that some of the towers didn't have Booker & Elizabeth- they died in that universe, or didn't make it to the end. Figure each tower as another universe. Elizabeth has tied all the universes into a single nexus point, which is how she's able to end all the Comstock universes.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo