Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock Jul 26, 2013, 14:42 eRe4s3r

NKD wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 12:13:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 11:19:
But they get to keep their new billion $ debt.. haha... pwned by Vivendi in all ways possible....

Nope. This happened INSTEAD of the cash-grab. Vivendi gets the cash they need, and Actiblizz gets to keep like $3 billion in cash and are no longer in danger of being raided by Vivendi.

Before this Acti had 4 billion cash, now they have a 1.4b net-debt and 3 billion cash.... (Does not mean they are somehow lacking money, it just means they have more long/short term liabilities than cash)

And unless I misunderstand something. ActiBliz just took on 4.4b in liabilities (net debt = liabilities - cash). While Vivendi got rid of em and made money. Explain please if I misunderstood something here. But that's how I define being pwned.

And Vivendi got what it wanted out of this anyway....

ActiBliz is still in good shape of course.... since they have 3 billion in cash.. and "only" 4.4b in liabilities.

Anyhow... I don't understand how it was confusing what I wrote... but I am willing to be corrected on this if it's wrong.

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2013, 15:23.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo