Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

173. Re: this is pathetic May 14, 2003, 09:12 Dante_uk

"Those are engine features, not exclusive to the game."
I'm sorry but you can't have a game without the engine so your point is a little off.

"The only way environment will be interactive with D3 is with the physics."
Not true. There are number keypads and computer terminals. These are part of the environment and can be interacted with. ( keypad in alpha worked and terminals gave you mouse pointer on the screens ).

-Emergent game design
Emergent mean to come up with. Not implicitly new.

-Fantastic Story.
id hired a professional SciFi writer to add the story to know events. Do you know the whole story or just the premise it's based on ?

-Extensive multiplayer.
id have been there and done that before. They say they are putting all efforts to the single player game.
Besides which the lighting system opens up so many possiblities that it almost can't fail to be fun.

-Long gameplay.
Do you know how long it will take to complete D3 ?
id don't. They haven't finished making it yet.

-Replayability ( lack of scripting ).
It doesn't take much to code the scripts to be different the 2nd/3rd time it's triggered ( yes I am a programmer ).
I not saying D3 will do this and id ain't saying it won't.

-Physics that directly affects gameplay.
Being able to move large boxes and barrels etc does affect gameplay because you can hide behind them and build barriers, they will also cast shadows to hide in etc.

-Innovation in character animation
The monsters in the trailer seem to move very well. That monster crawling down the pipe looks like it's taken from the techdemo for the spiderman film.

-ACTUAL interaction with environment (e.g. all doors lead to room, all drawers openable, every seemingly moveable object is moveable, physics affecting all models, etc.)
This will is possible now, you just need to wait for the machines with 2gig of memory and 4-5ghz of processor power.

"If you keep accepting crap, you will keep getting crap. "
I don't accept crap - that's why I keep repling to you.

This comment was edited on May 14, 09:14.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo