Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 09:41 kanniballl

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 08:45:
Can you silence the Amber alerts but not the weather alerts? That's what I would do in that situation if possible. Considering the amount of time I am either in my house or at work and my general habit of truly ignoring random people, Amber alerts would be wasted on me, but weather...

Yeh there's the option to turn off the Amber but to leave Emergency. Emergency covers at least flooding and tornado, I imagine it's also there for any big-time emergencies the government deems fit. Like if a nuke plant exploded in your state or something.

I'd already turned my Amber alert one off though.

Those alert tones are loud as hell. They went off by us the other week when we had that huge down-pour and tornado warnings. It scared a bunch of us in the office, and my co-worker was driving to work when it went off and startled him enough to affect his driving.

-

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo