Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Campaign Details Jul 18, 2013, 20:46 Parias

ItBurn wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 17:31:
You guys are telling me that you actually enjoy the COD-style single player campaigns? I mean, I liked the first COD and the first modern warfare, but I mean, seriously? You want more of that?

Sure - if it's done well, I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of a decently-scripted singleplayer campaign than out of a multiplayer shooter. BF3 is a bit of an exception for me because I find the multiplayer is fun regardless, but singleplayer will always be my primary choice over competitive gameplay.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 20:23:
Wow, I'm surprised there is so much BF4 Single player support on here. Even if you do like the campaign, are you honestly going to play it more than once?

Yeah, why not? I've had more than a few playthroughs of singleplayer for the COD series - I thought the singleplayer campaigns were pretty well done. Every few months when I let the singleplayer memories fade, I'll boot them up for another playthrough.

Again, I also don't particularly disagree with the sentiment that singleplayer is a bit of an odd fit for the Battlefield franchise - I understand and in some respects agree with the argument that these resources could be better spent making an improved multiplayer instead. But it doesn't seem like it's going to go away, and what I've seen so far doesn't seem terrible - I'll probably have fun playing it. My argument being, there ARE definitely gamers out there who enjoy (and even prefer) a singleplayer experience and don't see this as a bad thing. An odd fit, perhaps, but not a bad thing.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo