Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: The cops are tracking my car—and yours. Jul 18, 2013, 16:53 RollinThundr

LittleMe wrote on Jul 18, 2013, 12:37:
That's why I'm a member of the ACLU. But what does privacy mean? Is it private to be in a public place and drive your car? What are the expectations? It becomes more difficult with how much freedom you have in public. What do folks define their privacy as?

There's a big difference between 'expectations of privacy' and 'dragnet surveillance.' Wait, it isn't a privacy issue at all, to me. It's one of our inalienable human rights being respected. So when he lumps it into the 'privacy' category he's creating a straw man argument.

This is NOT a privacy issue. It's about our forth amendment rights being violated. Perhaps they should not retain any data that isn't directly relevant to an open case involving specific LP's.

Regardless if it's a privacy or 4th amendment right, and btw I agree with you, doesn't really make a difference though. We are heading towards a total police state all because voters don't pay any attention to what's truly going on and can't generally see past their own noses.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo