Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2013, 23:51 Jivaro

Follow up to that Best Buy Metro: Last Light price mistake. Sorry, it will be a bit long.

I ordered one copy. I expected it not to go through. To my surprise I got a confirmation, my card got dinged for 1 penny, and I got an email receipt..complete with order number and confirmation.

Here we are a few days later and my order has magically been cancelled. Again, not exactly surprising, but I decided to hit up the Best Buy chat support to find out how exactly it is that my order can suddenly vanish without any contact to me as a customer. You know, like an explanation or something. Obviously, they screwed up and they don't want to have to give out copies to people, but who cancels orders without notification or explanation? What follows is a copy+paste from my actual conversation. Enjoy. (I added "Vic" and "Me" for clarity. Don't ask me where I got Vic, since his name is Lee V...I just did.)

Best Buy Chat
Connected to Lee V
Vic: Thank you for chatting in with Best Buy today. My name is Lee, how are you doing today?
Me: I am good. I am here to inquire as to why my order was cancelled, and why it was cancelled without Best Buy even so much as sending me an email.
Vic: I'll be more than happy to assist you with your order canceled issue.
Me: Do you need any info from me?
Vic: May I have the order number, please?
Me: BBY01-************
Vic: All the Metro Last Light order is on hold or canceled. There is no way to verify your Metro Last Light order as of this time.
Me: You are going to have to do better than that. It didn't just magically cancel, it doesn't need verification..it has an order number, I have a receipt. I understand if you are out and it will take awhile...but cancelled? No email or explanation?
Me: That makes no sense.
Vic: You are not the only order that got canceled for that game.
Vic: I, myself order the game too, at the full price of $60. I'm doing my best to get all the information I can about the issue. My best possible solution is to reorder it, once its back up on the web site.
Me: That makes me feel tremendously better knowing that Best Buy is screwing over more people. *sarcasm*
Me: Seriously? Best option is to reorder (at full price) from the company that just cancels orders it can't fulfil? I mean..who does that?
Vic: I'm still waiting to hair back form Best Buy too.
Vic: That is funny.
Me: And they screw over their own employees. Even more funny.
Me: So, before I disconnect..do you have any reason why I should bother with Best Buy in the future?
Vic: I like there blu ray movies deal.
Vic: 3 blu-ray movies for $20.
*I disconnected here*

I fully admit to being a bit antagonistic...so no one here gets the wrong idea. If Best Buy thinks the best idea is to simply cancel the orders without any communication, that isn't Vic's fault. I just found Vic to be amusing, less than helpful, and this whole thing has shown me why Amazon is eating them for lunch. A month ago my Kindle's power cord literally came apart. I couldn't figure out which cord to order from the site, so I called in to Amazon support. Not only did he identify the cord, but the dude shipped it to me for free despite the warranty being long since dead on my 1st generation paperwhite Kindle. The conversation took 5 minutes. The guy on the phone said I got it for free because of a known problem with the original cords causing a shorter then expected lifespan. Best Buy hits me with "dude, I am just as screwed as you" while Amazon is like "here, have your cake and eat it too". Too funny.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2013, 23:57.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo