Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Into the Black Jul 13, 2013, 10:10 Scottish Martial Arts

Ladron3dfx wrote on Jul 13, 2013, 06:46:
On the radio I heard, one of the two deceased female victims of the plane crash was actually covered in foam retardant on the tarmac, thus not visible and accidentally run over by one of the emergency rescue vehicles.

I can see that happening. The only mass casualty situation I've experienced featured one of the victims being thrown out the back window of an SUV (she wasn't wearing a seatbelt) as it bounced and rolled across the freeway. Given that it was dark, and given how far she was thrown from where the SUV landed, a good 50m beyond it, I think it was probably 5 or minutes or so before anyone realized there was another victim -- my perception of time was of course dilated at that point from all the shock and adrenaline so maybe it wasn't that long, maybe it was longer. Even if we had found her right away though, she was completely fucked: her ribcage was so badly damaged that it could no longer support the function of her lungs and she was asphyxiating, a condition known as a flailed chest, something which is almost always fatal. I kinda remember writing something about that experience on this board too, it would've been mid October 2003, when I was a senior in high school. I suppose I'll have to look through my post history.

edit: Nope, I guess I didn't write about that car accident immediately after it happened. I could have sworn I did though; I suppose it was on another forum or something. I'm kinda bummed about that as it was a pretty formative experience for me, and was a major factor in my recent decision to go back to school for a pre-med postbacc this time next yet, and then go on to medical school to become a trauma surgeon.

It is rather interesting to have used a forum for so long that you can go back and see what you were like and what you were thinking as a teenager though.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 2013, 10:19.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo