Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2 Jul 12, 2013, 05:23 Julio

Jerykk wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 23:59:
As has been mentioned many times already, distributors do not fund development.

Sure, I agree with this.

Who cares if Deep Silver gets a cut from physical sales?

I do. When the KS pitch involves bashing the traditional companies who don't want to support this kind of game, it implied they weren't going to be involved. I viewed that as a positive reason to back this game. I'm perfectly fine with the fact that others don't care.

There are a lot of regions in the world where digital distribution isn't really feasible.

Really? I can't think of anywhere that you'd make many sales that doesn't have functioning internet.

Deep Silver isn't taking your Kickstarter money because that money was for development, not physical distribution. You act like you're an investor and you don't want to share any profits with other parties.

They're making profits from Wasteland 2, which is what I don't like. I don't think those profits should come to me, it's clear what funding a KS gets a backer. But as per the points above, I despise Deep Silver so I don't want them making money off of this. If they wanted to, they could have funded development and taken more of a risk. I'm sure I'm not in the majority, but I would prefer to leave out the vultures of the industry (traditional publishers/distributors) and have inXile make slightly less money. To me it would be similar to inXile adding in-game ads for non-backers to make more money. Both I find distasteful.

InXile can do what they want, but their behavior will impact how well they can fund future games.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo