Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: Deep Silver Distributing Wasteland 2 Jul 11, 2013, 23:59 Jerykk

Julio wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 21:44:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 19:34:
At this point you and everyone else who refuses to read should be banned and removed from the internet.

Too bad for you that everyone's allowed to have an opinion. Even a person who is as unable to read as you.

Unlike you, I am not a fan of middlemen like Deep Silver and EA taking a piece of the pie. I much prefer them on the outside looking in, since they haven't been interested in the types of games I like to play. That was one of the great things about funding games by Kickstarter. There is going to be at least some cannibalization of digital sales by having physical copies of the game, which means Deep Silver gets paid off our KS backing.

If inXile would like to cut in the traditional distributor/publisher types, I would prefer to know up front. Might as well just fund KS at the minimum level then.

Your logic is flawed. As has been mentioned many times already, distributors do not fund development. If you only back Kickstarters at the minimum level, then that's less money for development, which generally results in a smaller and/or inferior game. Who cares if Deep Silver gets a cut from physical sales? There are a lot of regions in the world where digital distribution isn't really feasible. Thanks to physical distribution, people in these regions can now buy Wasteland 2 and give most of that money to inXile. How is this a bad thing? These are extra sales that wouldn't have happened without physical distribution. Deep Silver isn't taking your Kickstarter money because that money was for development, not physical distribution.

You act like you're an investor and you don't want to share any profits with other parties. You're not an investor. You are a customer. You paid money for a game. When you agreed to back Wasteland 2, at no point were you ever promised a return on that investment other than the game and whatever perks were offered at your tier. Letting Deep Silver handle distribution and QA means inXile gets to make a better game AND make more money from that game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo