Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

111. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 05:17 Quinn

Prez wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 20:35:
I'm not a platform elitist, but I just really haven't had an urge to buy a console for myself since I built my first gaming PC. Well, except for JRPGs, because the PC never got those.

I wouldn't want to play GTA on a console; I've only ever played them on PC, from GTA1 all the way to 4, and it would be too much of a step down I think.

I agree and same here. Also, I wouldn't want to play it on a console due to the controls. This isn't even a matter for debate: You have more "free" control with M/KB. I remember playing Alan Wake on a console, and the mere effort it took to look around and take in the view defeated the purpose of doing so: to get a sense of freedom and tranquility.

But that's exactly it with controllers. I feel so goddamn shackled. It's completely fine with dumb third-person action games but that's all. Some of you might wanna reply with "get a mouse/kb for the console then!" but I've heard they' don't work as well as they should.

That said, I'm not saying consoles are therefore worse than PCs. People seem to enjoy the couch+gaming idea and that's completely fine. For me it's another reason why I'm not a console gamer. Playing a game in a livingroom, on your couch and far away from the screen, for me, breaks immersion. I'll always be "in the livingroom", and never completely in the game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo