Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 9, 2013, 20:22 Quinn

Using the ignore function is, imo, a shortsighted and ignorant thing to do. I hear the pro-ignorers moan about troll-this and troll-that but in my lifetime on Bluesnews (which is many, many years longer than my posting lifetime) I've hardly ever seen a true troll. Sure, there's been people going out of line and talking garbage but most of them were having a shitty day, got too emotionally entangled with a topic or were too arrogant to admit they were wrong. True trolls, systematically commenting simply to annoy people? They were few. Very few.

Putting people in the ignore list is narrowing your own little mind. Don't tell me that none of you ever read a quoted comment from someone you ignored and thought "Well fuck me, I can't agree more with this guy atm!". It's your own arrogant pride that keeps you from removing that person from the list.

Trolls! Trolls!
There are none here. Every one of us sometimes says something stupid, insulting or something that's just annoying. Every one of us more often than not doesn't.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo