Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Jul 8, 2013, 21:51 Mad Max RW

Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 20:09:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 18:14:
Axis wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 16:57:
Back in the day Bungie was top PC, Myth, Oni, Top shit in the day.

Then MS buys em out and they go console only with a basic shooter. And yes, halo is a basic shooter nothing special. It's just one of the first decent ones designed on the console so all the nubs ate it up.

Top PC? You mean top like the Myth 2 uninstall bug formatting hard drives being one of the top worst game glitches in PC gaming history? Before that it was the Marathon series exclusive to Macintosh. Oni was mediocre at best. So what "top PC" are you talking about?

Halo was originally a RTS when MS bought them and retooled it to a PC exclusive. Then it was retooled again and became a FPS launch title for their new Xbox console.

I said Myth, not Myth 2. I was too busy clanning on the quake ladders FPS bandwagon to go back to rts's. And I'm sure 90% of you didn't even have a PC when these games came out. Myth owned, Bungie was a top dog developer and that's a fact. I didn't include marathon because you had to be stupid to pay the ridiculous price for a capable gaming mac back then with almost no titles worth a crap, but marathon was the game macheads bowed to.

I'm well aware of Halo's history, and if I weren't I could wiki stuff like you did. Difference is... I was there when bungie was considered a top dog, and you won't be able to wiki that anywhere hence your incorrect disagreeing.

I literally laughed out loud at your assumption I wasn't around back then. Bungie was barely a fart in the wind for PC gaming. I'm calling bullshit on you.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2013, 23:39.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo