Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

37. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 8, 2013, 12:42 xXBatmanXx

Jivaro wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 10:29:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 07:37:
Sepharo wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 02:23:
Don't get the whole ignore thing myself.
Beyond the whole "living in a bubble" effect, it seems like admitting that some idiot's words can harm you.

I deal with idiots all day long at my job, last thing I want to do is continue that at home. I have better things to do.

+1

That said, I have nobody on my block list at this time. I tend to think of it more like "time out", taking people off the list 2 weeks or a month after they have been on it. In two of those cases it was for beating a dead horse with a dead horse that had been killed with a dead horse while screaming obscenities at anyone who was trying to tell them the horse was dead.

Block isn't going to change the person making the posts, in fact it changes next to nothing. The only thing it does is give me a small respite from something I find annoying. Should I let something like posts on the Internet get under my skin? No, probably not, but rather than bitch about people beating a dead horse I use a temporary block. *shrug*

I haven't ever blocked anyone for simply having a different opinion. That would make no sense. Why exactly would a person come to the discussion forums of a gaming website if it weren't to view the variety of opinions by fellow gamers on the topics of the day?

By putting idiots on the ignore list, you won't quote them. The worst thing to do is read and respond to their shit. Even reading it is justifying their existence.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo