Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

47. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 8, 2013, 11:09 CJ_Parker

InBlack wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 08:58:
... what I hate is false advertising. Cutscenes != Gameplay.

Dude, one more time: Those snips and clips are effectively gameplay. The interface may still be missing but this is how the final game is going to look. It's going to look really awesome because they are a) using the CryEngine 3 and b) have hired some top artist talent and c) have bought their own mo-cap studio recently ($10 million stretch goal) so they can animate shit to their heart's content all day long.

The original intent of SC has always been to bring back the AAA space sim. CR never wanted to make a typical low budget indie game. He has always wanted to invest $20+ million with a small part of it coming from the community and the other much larger chunk from investors. That was the plan anyway.
Due to the overwhelming success of the ongoing campaign, SC will most likely end up being the first fully crowd-funded AAA game in history with a budget of over $20 million just from gamers.

As for the market once the game has been released, I'm thinking that SC will still sell pretty well because of its popularity and hype.
This is generally an interesting topic with Kickstarters though. I hope that most KS devs are aware that they might have made the vast amount of sales up front. It might be very unwise to spend all of the funds on the development of the game because they might not have much income from sales post-release.
It will be interesting to watch just how big the niches of some of these projects are and how the ratio is going to turn out of up front sales vs post-release sales.
There might be a rude awakening waiting for some of the studios that are counting on or are used to a certain post-release sales performance that will never happen because the vast majority of the target audience has already paid up front.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo