Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

44. Re: Star Citizen Economy Trailer Jul 8, 2013, 09:31 Slashman

Wildone wrote on Jul 8, 2013, 08:51:
So many haters out there, if it wasn't for CR no one would be even trying to make a space sim, its worth my $45 just for the attempt its been so fucking long...

That's BS. X: Rebirth is still being made. And other people have made space sims in the time Roberts was out of the picture.

I loved the Wing Commander and Privateer games. I'm not saying that he didn't make quality stuff in the past. That doesn't automatically mean he can make a project of this magnitude work.

There is a direct conflict between his online model and his single player model. Players hosting their own fully moddable universe while he offers a locked, P2W online experience seems more than a little crazy.

That's like WoW letting you host your own WoW instances only you can mod them AND never pay any more money to them than the initial cost of the game. It makes dubious business sense at best.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo