Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

49. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 3, 2013, 21:08 FloorPie

Beamer wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 19:16:
FloorPie wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 18:22:
NegaDeath wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 16:18:
Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2013, 16:00:
Society needs it cultural norms and traditions. We're tribalistic creatures and to move from one tribe to another means some sacrifice. With people like you shitting on tradition it's no wonder most kids grow up fatherless and problems for society.

And if having a hyphenated name is a tradition in her family?

Then she's likely from high class/nobility (they're the ones who usually hyphenated in the past for political/business reasons) and probably even more of a stuck up bitch than your standard whiny feminist.

Look, a woman who won't take my name, is not worthy of marriage to me, especially not in our current legal environment. If some folks are ok with it, thats fine with me, its not my marriage. I've seen it work just fine for some marriages, usually "blended" family situations and in DINK situations its usually a harbinger of eventual divorce and financial ruin for one or both parties.

So, personally I won't marry a woman who refuses to take my name, at least legally. Otherwise, what is the point of the marriage contract? Its already watered down to nothing due to divorce laws. Will my kids have my name or some hypenated wannabe nobility nonsense?

This is a giant bucket of "waaaah." A marriage has no point unless she takes your name. Jesus. So the entire purpose of a marriage is to put your last name on some "stuck up bitch?"

You're a classy man. I'm sure they were fighting for someone with your progressive views.

No, the entire point is to create a family. Unity might be a good thing there. A woman who won't take a man's name is signaling that she quite possibly will put her career first over him and their (if any) kids. Its like marrying a guy you know can't keep his dick in his pants and then actually expecting him to be faithful once he says "I do".

Tell me, what does a man get from marrying a woman these days? The state sees to it that she's going to be financially compensated should the contract fail (most of the time), what does the guy get out of it? His kids are legit? That hardly matters anymore among "progressives". Why bother with the whole ceremony? Just shack up? Of course this doesn't benefit the state much, so many governments are going back to common law marriage type setups. Sire a kid and live with the mother for a year? You're married even if you didn't get the state approved license. All legal requirements are in effect regarding divorce laws and child support.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo