Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 14:53 jdreyer

InBlack wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 09:53:
Saw Man of Steel yesterday. Liked it more than the Avengers or the last Batman flick. Hell, I liked it better than the last Star Trek, although the movie has a lot of flaws. It seems to cater to the lowest common denominator a lot and I mean A LOT in quite a few scenes. Quite a lot of scenes are superflous and should have been cut from the film.

The best part of the film is the origin story, not in the least because it finally explains who and what the Kryptonians were and how Superman fits in with what happened.

Henry Cavill is charismatic and engaging as Superman although his Clark Kent persona is rather well, undeveloped. This is a fault with the story really, not the actors.

Zod really steals the show, best one dimensional character I have ever seen. Trust me the sentence makes sense in the context of the movie.

Reeves is still No. 1 IMO but the new movie is well worth the ticket admission price.

Hey Thanks InBlack. I was really looking forward to it, until the reviews started coming in. Now I'll go check it out. I liked Oblivion better than either Iron Man 3 or Star Trek 2, so maybe this is the year where my tastes are the opposite of the critical consensus. Just trying to avoid another Prometheus. The disappointment of that movie still lingers like a wound that has scarred over but still twinges.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo