Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

50. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 15:42 Axis

Rolling I tend to agree with you. However the DRM chatter makes me just laugh.

The pain in the ass DRM is the software kind like limited activations, securerom, etc found in just about everything from Windows to Games, to attempt to circumvent pirating (which it doesn't), but ends up just hindering those of us who actually purchase media.

SO.... I haven't purchased media in about 10 years unless it was absolutely necessary.

Now hats off to companies who create software without any DRM whatsoever, it's been proven to increase sales not diminish them -- so it's its own reward and there's lots of us who appreciate it.

Any single player game requiring "always online" doesn't get bought from me. Because developers shouldn't be rewarded for doing something that is super annoying regardless of what it is classified as. For instance 'always online' is much less an issue for me than locked frames or forced narrow FOV's, but all of the above won't be purchased from me.

But having to hop online initially after a digital purchase is not an any normal person would complain about, it's petty to whine about something most of us do all the time without thinking - get online.

But hey, don't let me change your mind now -- you'll change it in a few years on your own when you eventually realize I was ahead of my time.

Yours truly,

Axis

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo