Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 19:26 RollinThundr

Bodolza wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 19:13:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 18:45:
Those who don't have no one to blame but themselves for not being successful. It's really not that difficult to grasp. No one is going to hand you a life, go out and fucking make one for yourself.

I'm not talking about being successful. I'm talking about living. As in not dying, cause that's what happens when you take away the social safety net - people die. Literally. That's the natural conclusion to libertarian ideology. Social Darwinism. Is that what you support?

Look, it's not rocket science, if you want to not be homeless you need to work, if you want success in life you need to apply yourself, no one is ever just going to hand you a house, or a job, you need to work at that shit. And part of that is being accountable for yourself, not blaming others for mistakes etc.

It is not the government's job to hand you a life on the backs of others.

It's extremely disappointing that the idea of that is lost on this generation of "where's my share" ME ME ME!

There's a difference between social services for those who can't work or vets who have served this country or are disabled etc. However if you as a person are totally capable of working and would rather go the welfare route, than I'm sorry but I have very little respect for you.

I'm not saying abolish social services, they certainly serve a purpose.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo