Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 18, 2013, 15:00 RollinThundr

Bodolza wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:23:
RollinThundr wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 14:06:
Oh for sure, but just giving up our rights because some in power want to go the totalitarian route isn't the answer either.

Lord forgive me for responding to TrollinThundr, but here we go.

This is a classic straw-man argument. Neither side supports this. Who on this board, or anywhere else, advocates doing nothing when rights are taken away? Even those that support the governments monitoring program say it's because it (debatably) follows due process as established in the Constitution. Do you really only see conservatives upset at government monitoring? Are you aware that the ACLU, who's entire mission is to uphold the constitution, is perceived as a leftist organization? Why do you insist on constantly saying stupid stuff like this?

You've also completely failed to address the issue being discussed, which is the libertarian disconnect from reality.

You notice I mention people on both sides, both Dems and Republicans. Or was that point lost on you?

Pretending that their aren't those in power regardless if there's a D or R after their name don't want to go that route makes you out to be quite naive. It's about as intelligent to say that as it is for Beamer to continually state that being personally responsible for your own life isn't reality.

Look at all the scandals with this administration, most of which border on constitutionality to begin with. Wake the fuck up brother.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo