Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

65. Re: Planetary Annihilation's $90 Alpha Jun 15, 2013, 14:18 Dev

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2013, 13:49:
Fair enough and I realize the mistake now (was glossing over what that number meant too quickly), more correct would be adding concurrent players per hour together .. so a around 1500 registered on steam.
That's a mistaken assumption. That assumes everyone who had the game played in that short timeframe. I have access to grim dawn and war for the overworld on steam and I still haven't tried them out. Haven't had time.

Lets examine the KS again shall we? Maybe get some actual numbers?
KS link
44,000+ backers. At a quick glance, something like 20% pledged at $90 or above levels. I'm going to call it close to 10,000.
Even if only half of those who have alpha access bothered to register the game on steam, that would still be near 5,000 and would be far above your number.
Plus, keep in mind that its 3rd top seller on steam right now, even above skyrim. So any of those sales are above and beyond the people who did the KS, those are direct $90 steam sales. Those sales (not the KS people) are whats driving the steam top sellers numbers.

Far more likely its 15,000+ people on steam who have registered it than the silly 1500 number, or the even sillier 150 number.

Edit: I'm not a backer so I don't know for sure, but if the comment about the KS people not yet having steam keys is true, than the above might not apply. I still stand by the reasoning though, that its faulty to add up concurrent, and that 1500 sales sounds low to me to make the top 3 on steam beating skyrim.
Even if that's 100% accurate, that's still over $100,000 and isn't at all shabby for 2 day sales of a $90 game alpha.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2013, 14:43.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo