Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 20:09 Redmask

It's not apparent in the fact that a game like Resident Evil 6 can sell 6 million copies and not be profitable? No inefficiencies there at all, it's just gamers expectations driving the cost up? The years of studios being shuttered after a single failed product isn't evidence that there is a problem? We have mountains of evidence that there is a problem with the corporate publishing model, there isn't really a need to dig very deep.

Maybe the infrastructure of publishers following a Hollywood model isn't sustainable in the long run. Maybe the publishers got too competitive with each other and focused too much on glitzy visuals over gameplay. Maybe the entire industry model is broken, perhaps the customer and developers need to interface directly more and more. Blaming it on gamers is disingenuous, gamers consume, they don't create. The publishers have been used to giving consumers the middle finger in areas like DRM, why would they have a problem saying no to increased visuals?

When marketing budgets are exceeding game development budgets, I don't know I just can't blame gamers for saying 'game is ugly' on a forum. People say a lot of shit but they seem to buy things anyway, Call of Duty isn't exactly the best looking game on the market and manages to be the highest grossing.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo