Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

54. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 07:24 Redmask

robdot wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 02:47:
The xbox 360 didnt attain first place. the wii did.

I didn't say it was in first place, I was pointing out your suggestion that it somehow whisked them ahead of their competition was false. Microsoft sold a shitload of consoles before Kinect, the literal majority of its installed base, and it would have continued selling them without Kinect.

By more than 22 million units, and more than 100 million pieces of software, thereby nullifying your entire comment. The best selling 360 game by far was kinect adventures, thereby nulliying your entire comment...twice. Microsoft sold more kinects than they did the original XBOX !! So, your like, stupid, or something. And hence completely proved my original point.The wii has 15 games that sold over 5 million, the 360? Just 5..Stay down rocky.

Kinect Adventures was packed in with Kinect you dope and Kinect itself was also packed into a few different 360 SKUs, it's not like they sold all those at retail by themselves. Microsoft sold more 360s without Kinect than it did with it, FAR more. The Wii has nothing to do with anything, having been totally abandoned by its consumer base in the past few years outside of Nintendo titles.

If you want to be a little casual motion gamer then have fun but stop insisting the gaming industry needs to accommodate you in special ways to the detriment of everyone else, your market demographic has the attention span of a gnat and is not a stable source of revenue. The early and core adopters are what gives a system a stable attach rate and sells boxes. Motion gaming has given the industry very little outside of Nintendo and if you don't include profit margins then it's actually provided almost nothing in terms of usable game mechanics and innovation.

The little $100 flailing boondoggle should be optional so people like you can be happy and people like me don't need to pay for it.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2013, 07:36.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo