Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 23:13 Linksil

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 20:51:
Shineyguy wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:06:
Stunned

Did you just try to say that Starship Troopers movies were GOOD?! No, no, no, no, no, HELL NO, no.

Go read the book, then watch the movie. As much as people say the movie never lives up to the book? The only thing in common the movie has with the book is the name of the protagonist, and the fact that humans are fighting "bugs". That's it. There isn't enough similarity there in the movie to even associate one with the other.

I hate those movies.

The first one is a classic. The sequels suck.

The movie is very different from the books, but the movie stands on its own as both a valid entry in the action-scifi genre, and at the same time a satire of it. Great FX that still hold up, a great score, and some great over the top hammy acting by Michael Ironsides. Would you like to know more?

Sadly I agree the Starship troopers movies were good. First one being the best and is still one of the best sounding movies out there. The second one felt like it was jumping shark, and the third set up the power suits and made it as if the movies were more of a lead in/alt timeline from the books. Personally I LOVED the computer animated series they did and still want to kill someone for cutting it short with a cliffhanger. If you ever go into a movie thinking it's going to live up a book I really would like to know what kind of drugs your on. Now Enders game MIGHT just prove me wrong...

Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo