Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

100. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 15:24 Verno

Krovven wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 15:20:
Post Conference Interview with Jack Tretton

No limits on first party titles as far as used games go. Publishers are free to do what they want as far as DRM.

I'm not an EA fan, but I would like to remind people that EA announced less than a month ago that they were abandoning the their Online Pass for current and future games.

EA finally figured out they make more money including everyone and getting micro transaction revenue as opposed to locking out a large portion of the audience arbitrarily. That or they were working with Microsoft on implementation of their DRM specifics and knew what was coming. Oh well either way this serves me well as a consumer, it's nice to have some competitive choices for a change.

And yes, multiplayer on PS4 will require a PS+ subscription. But has other have already pointed out, the value for that service is very good. Lots of free games, discounts on games, a good feature set overall...which is more than I can say about XBL Gold.

Yeah, PS+ is the bar all online services should be measured against, amazing value for the money.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo