Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Terraria Content Update Plans May 24, 2013, 18:51 jimnms

Nice timing. I fired up Terraria the other day because I was bored. Way back when I started out, I was playing with a friend, but he decided he didn't like it after a couple of times playing. I haven't gotten very far in the game. I haven't even beaten the first boss, the Eye of Cthulhu. He showed up one before I quit playing and slaughtered me.

I think I have a crappy world and/or starting position. The corruption is just a bit to the right of where I started, and to my left is a large desert. On the other side of the desert is a castle where I got murdered by something when I entered it. If I go over the castle and continue going left I run into the ocean. I used a water walking potion and ran until it wore off and I don't think there is anything past it.

I have a mixed set of iron and silver armor, and gold tools. When I quit playing I remember I was trying to get to the other side of the corruption because I think I've pretty much mined every ore there is between the corruption and the castle. I have a grappling hook and the jumpy boots, so I thought I could just run and jump my way through it. That didn't work, I fell in a dark hole, I couldn't see and couldn't grab anything with the hook, so I went splat after a long ass fall (a seriously long fall, I think it was 30 seconds before I hit bottom).

The last thing I remember doing was trying to dig my way under the corruption. So when I started it the other day, that's what I did. I played for 4 hours and finally made it. I didn't bring any sunflowers to plant to stop the corruption, so I need to go back to get them. I made a little house, plopped a bed, set my spawn and stopped because I really didn't intend to play that long. This is one of those games where you think you're just going to play for a little while, and you just can't stop once you start.

MeanJim on Steam

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo