Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 20:18 Overon

Prez wrote on May 19, 2013, 19:23:
I'm not the slightest bit religious, but I have way more respect for people who are and leave others alone instead of the assholes who think criticizing them is somehow enlightening.

I stopped being surprised at just how much religious bigotry exists on the Internet long ago, and Bluesnews is definitely no exception, but I agree wholeheartedly with the quoted portion of Mad Max's post.

I'll be the first to bash a Christian who gets on his or her moral superiority high horse on things like sex, drinking, or gay marriage, but a guy who happens to proudly avail himself of his religious denomination while reviewing games is not an affront to anybody, and all this unwarranted scorn and mockery serves to make those who consider themselves enlightened or intellectually superior appear just the opposite.
I'm going to have to disagree here, I don't believe there are any ideas who are justifiably free from criticism and it's important to understand that criticism does not imply bigotry. Whether someone gets on their high horse or not, has nothing to do with how justified their beliefs and knowledge claims are. If Ted Bundy criticized my beliefs or knowledge claims, those criticisms stand or fall on their justification, totally independent of who is making them (in this case Ted Bundy a convicted serial killer).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo