Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

68. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 19, 2013, 12:29 Ray Marden

The game is okay, but not quite what I was hoping for - it's like they put a dumb shooter in the world of Metro 2033. I am glad it is not as tedious as the first game was, but the world feels a bit small and cheap now.

Overall, I would give it a 7.5 out of 10, but it needs to do more with the world or gameplay and the various rough edges keep getting on my nerves - monsters respawning in front of me, the spider monsters not always reacting to my flashlight, NPCs pushing my character out of the way, minor animation issues with my character (immediate crouching, melee kill animation bugs,) scripts not triggering promptly, lots of standing around listening to exposition, overpowered (when it works) to utterly broken (why can I not knock out or stab this NPC???) stealth mechanics, loading new level data every 5 minutes or so, DLC for the full game, etc.

I just got to the point where you crash through the barrier with the rail car and meet up with the caravan and my game, after hours of no issues, is locking up immediately. The forums indicate this could be an issue with a gamepad, Logitech software, or AMD hardware, but it is just one more little thing...
Full disclosure: I'm running Crossfire with the beta drives, too.
I only paid $37.50 through GMG (a great online retailer which now offers payment through Paypal - no more whining!,) but I feel like I overpaid slightly or it could use another patch or two. I think my "ultimate" Metro game would actually be a blend of 2033 and Last Light.

Liking the idea more than the execution,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo