Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

18. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 19, 2013, 00:08 Redmask

shihonage wrote on May 18, 2013, 23:30:
What goes around, comes around, Nintendo.

Your Wii line-up sucked, your DS line-up only had a handful of games which weren't made for Japanophiles or little kids

This is pretty dumb, a lot of people like Nintendo games across a wide variety of age groups and the Nintendo DS was the most successful handheld in the history of gaming for a reason. They also possess the largest stable of exclusive franchises and unique characters. Sony and Microsoft don't even fund half of the first party efforts Nintendo does. Why would they stop using Mario? Have you even played one recently? People like Mario and Mario games continue to improve, they aren't sitting on their laurels with their old franchises. Nintendo faces some challenges but your attitude about them is ironically petty and immature.

The difference is that EA could restructure and at least tread water.

Your outlook on EA is overly charitable considering their problems but I agree that they are at least well poised due to Sony and Microsoft providing built in demand for their products in the next two years. As for Nintendo, they have survived failed hardware before and their other core platforms and sales are going well. They can't keep doing this though, I doubt the market will tolerate another mistake like launching a system without core franchises again.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2013, 00:13.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo