Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 18, 2013, 19:16 Ray Marden

Honestly, f*ck Nintendo and f*ck the Wii U.

I wanted a vastly more powerful system, I wanted a Wiimote with perfect 1:1 control, and I wanted to see some new properties.

Instead, I got a PS3 or XB360 comparable system with a small, ghetto tablet. Because I have a 60" television screen in my living room so I can fiddle around with a tablet, right? It has no amazing new properties to offer me and, even for continuously relying on its established brands, I have only promises of future releases. For all of Nintendo's many, repeated, ongoing stumbles, Nintendo did not even bother to have at least one killer game, much less multiple, available at launch or even to this day. And I have to, specifically, keep all the assorted dongles/controllers/crap from the Wii, too?

The single most unique thing of the system is the weak tablet, but given Nintendo's tenuous standing in the market, developers have no reason to solely develop for the Wii U or to make it the lead platform. The stupid tablet also greatly inflates the weak system's price and, speaking of fracturing the market, makes the tablet an unimportant item in group games (unless you seriously want to talk about the cost of buying three additional tablets...)

This is what we got after all this time? After already accepting some significant shortcomings on the Wii? With all its prior profit, this is what it spent the R&D budget on? I have owned every Nintendo home console released in the US, from the NES forward, but I have no reason to buy a Wii U. At this point, I don't see myself buying one until they release all of their same, tired brands on the system and drop the cost of the deluxe unit to $200.00 or less. And Nintendo better do something fast because the PS4 PC looks far, far more interesting and the Microsoft PC is just three days away from putting it to rest as well.
I prefer my portable Note 2 to the crappy Wii U.
Thinking Nintendo deserves to fail at this point,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo