Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

31. Re: Op Ed May 16, 2013, 09:04 N2NOther

Prez wrote on May 15, 2013, 22:01:
EA article written by an EA fanboy who closes a blind eye to some of the worst offenses committed against gaming. Disregarded. Though I admit they should go great together, Star Wars and EA. The Star Wars IP has been completely devalued by terrible movies, terrible decisions, and the asstastic SWTOR and is now worthless, and EA is steadfastly anti-consumer and generally just sucks complete ass. A match made in hell. They deserve each other.

First I would like to say thank you for reading and commenting. I do appreciate it.

With that being said, I can see how a lack of bleak negativity for this development can come off as a fanboy, but I wrote the piece because I genuinely feel like this is a good thing. I'm by no means an EA fanboy, but I have enjoyed quite a few games this generation and last that were developed by these developers and happened to be published by EA.

I can also can see how you think I am turning a blind eye, but I assure you I am not. Just because I chose to not muddle my message by not acknowledging things like the SimCity fiasco doesn't mean I am not aware of them. In fact, even though I don't game on PC, I was very vocal about the DRM practices laid forth during that incident and the horrible way both EA and Maxis handled the PR afterwords.

I am optimistic about the future of the Star Wars franchise and until I'm shown otherwise in cases that directly relate to Star Wars, then I will remain so.

Again, thank you for reading! I sincerely appreciate your time.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo