Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

19. Re: Origin Update Adds Achievement Tracking May 11, 2013, 01:57 Ladron3dfx

SpectralMeat wrote on May 10, 2013, 08:15:
What subscription? Last time I've checked I do not have to pay a monthly fee to play my purchased games on Steam, and I do not have to be online or connected to the internet to play them either.
What is this subscription you are speaking of?
Steam works the same way as Origin, ones you activate your game online you do not need internet connection anymore.
By the way try not to complain much on the EA forums because they may lock you out of your purchased games. Have fun with Origin!

http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Steam is a subscription service, you purchase a subscription to access to their library of games. Access can be revoked for all subscribed games in violation of terms. Failure to agree to changes to the Steam Subscriber Agreement will cause the users access to be locked until he/she agrees to the terms.

Offline mode is 30 days or less, changes to hardware will cause the offline mode to fail. Other factors will cause the offline mode to fail, Steam is not forthcoming on the details of offline mode failure. It is not permanent offline mode, only temporary offline mode. Only 100 indie games can be actually played without the Steam client running out of a catalog of several thousand games. Offline mode is not the Steam clients best feature.

Steamworks

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo