Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Dishonored Void Walker's Arsenal DLC This Month May 5, 2013, 19:03 Jerykk

Dishonored, like so many other games these days, completely misuses the term "ghost." To ghost is to get through a level undetected and without neutralizing anyone or anything. Hence the term "ghost." Ghosts don't knock people out and hide their bodies. I think publishers just want to broaden the definition to make it more accessible to casual players.

If you abuse an unbalanced mechanic (like blink + choke) and then complain about difficulty, I'm not sure what to say. Games that offer choice are very much defined by the choices you make. If you choose the path of least resistance, you'll likely end up with an experience that's too easy and unsatisfying. That's why I started ghosting in the first place. I used to play stealth games as you do now, neutralizing every guard I saw. After a while, it started getting boring because AI isn't advanced enough to react properly. Guards need to notice when their buddies start disappearing instead of blithely continuing their idle routines. When a guard disappears for a sufficient length of time, an alarm should be sounded and all the guards in the level should go into alert mode, randomly searching every nook and cranny in their respective areas. If games did this, more people would start ghosting as a matter of necessity, rather than a desire for greater challenge.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo