Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FEZ May 2, 2013, 10:10 Rhino

DrEvil wrote on May 1, 2013, 23:24:
Rhino wrote on May 1, 2013, 22:23:
Fish has made his feelings on the PC very well known. How can I, or anyone, possibly believe that he will have made a strong effort in this port, or in any post release support, if every indication is that he didn't particularly want to make it in the first place?

Because Phil Fish is the designer, not the programmer. The main programmer is Renaud Bédard, who is an excellent individual worthy of respect. His presentation on the technology behind Fez is well worth reading.

Other people worked on Fez, besides Phil Fish, and they deserve to have their work rewarded. I only hope that Renaud and the other people that worked on Fez will get a cut of the sales going forward.

Very fair, certainly, and something that I deliberately didn't bring up because I simply didn't consider it important (though should have, clearly); and in spite of that I still have some concerns on that score: the guy in charge can still motivate and demotivate and if Fish's attitude remains 'Eh, we may as well, even if I don't particularly want to,' that CAN, and often does, affect the team. Going back to my workplace examples, I've had managers that absolutely did not give a flying frick about what they were doing, and that dragged down the work performance of the rest of the team as the motivation just wasn't there and that sort of attitude is infectious, as much as joy and excitement. Some of us still gave it our all; but others just began to internally check out as there was never any indication as to whether what they were doing mattered in the slightest. They began to just be there for the paycheck while they looked for a transfer or an external role.

-

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo