Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2013, 13:28 NewMaxx

I'll be honest. When I was younger, all my friends (I refuse to include myself) smoked a lot of pot and (thanks to it being a gateway) other drugs. Now that we're all grown up and reliable adults, every last one has at least one autistic child. Coincidence? Certainly autism rates have skyrocketed. My theory? Recreational drug use.

They're also all suffering from conditions at a higher rate than the national average (everything from sleep apnea to strokes to autoimmune). Better diagnosis? No, probably the drugs again. The problem is that simply not enough studies have been done to properly analyze the long-term effects of drugs.

As I'm a scientist and can see 15+ years after the fact now, I can tell you it's pretty obvious. If I could only go back in time...and trust me when I say my friends feel the same. Now they add in a far higher than average cost to the medical system because they wanted to "just smoke a little weed."

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo