Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 29, 2013, 04:08 Warskull

Gadzooks wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 22:48:
Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 19:29:
Kickstart an MMO so that I can then pay monthly fees? Sure, let me get my wallet...

Creston

This is exactly what I challenged Mark Jacobs with multiple times, and despite his huge amount of open talk with players, he has not said one word about it.

Subscriptions are there because they supposedly justify the monthly new content and suchs mmorpgs get (supposedly). An mmorpg, without PvE, focused 99% around PvP, cant really have content updates. So basically your subs go to giving the devs steak dinners every night.

Again, I challenge Jacobs to prove otherwise.

You can have content updates for PvP oriented games.

That said, I don't exactly have much faith in Mark Jacobs. Warhammer Online was horrible and he was massively out of touch with the state of the game. He has become another relic, riding on his past MMO success.

MMOs are extremely expensive and the fastest way to sink a studio. $2 million hardly seems like enough to bring an MMO to market. This seems like a kickstarter that is very unlikely to produce a good product.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo