Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: Defense Grid 2 Announced Apr 26, 2013, 21:56 Saboth

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 03:25:
Too much MP focus always destroys the SP gameplay. If you are being particularly evil, look at SOTS2, a game so completely and utterly ruined by MP support it is still completely fucking broken even today. And not just in terms of bugs, but in terms of general gameplay design and core functionality of the engine.

Now I will freely admit that what you mention wasn't even my intention to say, of course in case of DG more or less MP is not going to change the basic gameplay, it is still a "ok" tower defense game among a see of mediocre tower defense games.

But too strong MP focus can ruin a game's SP. Heck, look at Blizzard... they are the epitome of how MP destroys the SP of a game.

IMO, Orcs Must Die 2 is a good demonstration of this. You can play it single player, but you will run your ass off trying to cover entry points. Another game is Dungeon Defenders. Although that game was designed around MP, the single player suffers the same as OMD2. You will run, run, run trying to cover points instead of fighting, planning, etc.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo