Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: XCOM Now The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, a TPS Due in August Apr 26, 2013, 16:27 Flatline

Jivaro wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 16:12:
It's like they read all the complaints...agreed to take it back to the drawing board....

...and then completely ignored everything every X-COM fan said.

Rainbow Six: X-COM?

It might be good, but for the second time in a week I find myself asking the same question. "The fans wanted this?" Good luck to them, I am skeptical that this will appeal to shooter fans or X-Com fans. Particularly at a "AAA" price point.

If it actually *was* the original Rainbow Six only X-Com style it'd be rather badass.

Mission scenario would be fairly structured, but probably could go something like this:

Alien invasion report- Very few details, you have to pick from large equipment packages and among your men based on limited intel (which gets better as you research more.)

En Route for deployment- You get tactical schematics/photos/drawings on a napkin of the area, initial telemetry of enemy, identifying primary, secondary, and tertiary objectives (target types equal civilian protection, high value individual protection, gathering research items, alien capture/containment, bug hunt, assassination of a high value target, destruction of alien equipment, etc...) The idea being you can't do it all, and have to decide what is most important right now for both the organization and for the world long term.

On Site- Pre-Deployment- Surveillance has occurred for some time, establishing an idea of enemy count, patrol zones, hostages, trapped civilians, etc... Relevant data is reflective of what you decided your objectives are.

Execute- While the game would probably be one team due to console-itus, I'd dig mapping waypoints and breach missions for 2-3 teams simultaneously, as in the original Rainbow Six, especially as the game ramped up.

Post-mission you're rewarded based on which objectives you pursued, how well you achieved them, and what the current global situation is. Throw in some stress and perhaps some HP Lovecraftian sanity mechanics and you have to cycle your men in and out of combat and you have an intense, highly strategic and tactical 3rd person squad based shooter that I'd be *all* over.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo