Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: EA Partners to Close? Apr 25, 2013, 12:55 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:48:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:15:
Arguably, EA has the most negative influence on PC gaming, rivaling only Steam in its willful customer deception. Steam has a near monopoly on fan-boyism and astro-turfing so it has a much stronger PR response.

See below.

Comparing EAs negative impact on the industry to Steam is like the ultimate masterstroke troll

I know exactly what I'm getting from Steam and exactly what I'm giving up. The idea that they're tricking anyone is silly.

To be fair people hate EA because they're the largest publisher and are therefore an easy target, shady shit they've done over the years aside.

Valve did the same thing with steam when it comes to digital distro, cornered the market based on brand name, uses drm that everyone and their mother cries holy hell when any other publisher uses it, it's ok for Valve though.

You can't hate one company for being monopolistic, while praising or being ok with Valve doing the same thing pretty much.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo