Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

36. Re: Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell Apr 24, 2013, 14:38 Quinn

Verno wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 09:00:
I find stealthy combat can be just as engaging as pure avoidance personally, sometimes more so. Finding a balance is really difficult though.

And the above comment is what you're not getting from my earlier post, Jerykk.

I understand that if I want Dishonored or whatever other game to be more challenging, an option to make it so is to completely disregard some of the key aspects of the game. I can make Saints Row more challenging by stop using weapons, ffs. I know that's an oversimplified example, but I guess that's what it takes to get my point across.

Like I said before, there's a grave unbalance in "stealthy" games lately.

"You can't have it both ways" is what you've got to say to the developers today, who want to put both Die Hard action and sneaky stealth into games. If you got into "trouble" in Dishonored, you coujld completely eviscerate the enemy. Yet if you remove all the action and unbalanced aspects from Dishonored, you get an extremely linear and boring gaming experience. And if you don't agree with that, that's fine.. but fuck me if the new Thief is going to be as boring. It'll be the end of me ffs.

PS: And yes, Blink was a fun skill. But that's beside the point. A naked Jessica Biel running into your house is fun as well, but she broke the front door and ruined your movie night with your wife.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo