Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Ubisoft: Complexity Holding Back Splinter Cell Apr 23, 2013, 17:12 siapnar

Speaking of stealth and simplicity, the new Hitman game's AI is pathetic. I played some of it on expert and had baddies standing over bodies and saying "what happened here" or something like that, then BAM they're dead.. fiber wire dead.
Then their pals show up and do pretty much the same thing.

And even when they were aware of my presence, they all bundled up together and missed shooting at me while I popped heads.
On a couple occasions they just kept firing into a wall 12 feet from me.

If I hadn't killed anyone but someone was confronting me, they wouldn't fire upon me unless I shot them, even if I had unholstered my gun and aimed it at their head.
In one instance the head of security (it was evident) caught me crouching behind him with a knife and said "that's not a toy you're holding, you know".
I proceeded to put it into his face. Fuckin idiot.

I was really surprised at how shitty the AI is.

On a positive note, the graphics were gorgeous, level design pretty sharp and ragdolls much improved from the ridiculous ones of the past games.

But seriously, WHEN are developers going to put effort into AI???
Graphics now are good enough for christ's sake

I have projectile dysfunction.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo