Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

41. Re: NY Times on 38 Studios Apr 22, 2013, 16:50 TurdFergasun

Julio wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 11:36:
LittleMe wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 11:22:
The Chinese and many other countries own a huge amount of our debt.

Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 11:24:
8%. China has 8% of our debt.

And other countries besides China own another 38% or so of the US debt. Not that I'm agreeing with LittleMe on why our manufacturing base is moving to China. To me, it's a matter of corporations offshoring to increase profits, and consumers not caring where they buy from. There's a large amount of people buying non-US cars, they don't care if they buy goods from China either.

Whenever this much money vanishes, I still think it's worth an investigation to see if any of it stuck to Curt or the politicians' hands.

the free market only comes into play when it's advantageous to big business in the western world, it's free market hard knocks for everyone else when it doesn't suit the old boys. It's easy to continuously shift labor to markets where labor is cheaper, and a lot of times is maintained cheaper as a result of a massive lobbying force pushing for legislation to keep it that way. The only thing free about our market is the loyalty it's minions continue to shower upon it.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo