Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

51. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 20, 2013, 08:31 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on Apr 20, 2013, 05:56:
If this man knows how to write horror, he has yet to show it in my book.

"Write" survival horror? Surely you mean "design" survival horror. This is a game we're talking about, not a book or film. Survival horror doesn't need good writing. It just needs good atmosphere and the ability to make players feel vulnerable and uneasy. Gameplay first, writing second.

Yes, I guess I do mean "design". I think it's how you look at it. There's allot of writing involved in the process of putting atmosphere together. But not to sound as an apologist, I guess I mean "design" indeed.

If you look at RE1, with a mindset of the '90s ofc, it's easy to see in what horrible proportions the sequels failed in bringing horror -- the horror that makes you uncomfortable, I mean!!! -- to the genre. So like I said.. for guys like me they certainly should not mention RE in the announcement of a new survival-horror game.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo